A mistake many people make when trying to lose weight is not creating a weight loss morning routine.
It’s important to know that how you start your morning determines how your day goes.
Here are a few things that typically happens when you don’t have a planned morning routine:
- You’ll wake up with no direction and stressed out.
- You don’t know what to do first and since you’re busy, you don’t think properly and make mistakes.
- You’re more likely to make unhealthy food choices.
Having a morning routine is not only beneficial for weight loss, but also for other aspects of your life and wellbeing.
A good morning routine helps you:
- Push through excuses
- Eat healthier in the morning
- Stay ahead of your daily tasks
- Wake up with purpose and direction
- Gain more time
What is The Best Morning Routine?
The best morning routine is the one you can do every morning.
A morning routine is not something you copy from someone else, it’s something you tailor to yourself.
Everyone has different goals, schedules, likes/dislikes, and needs; there’s no one-size-fits-all morning routine.
Jessica might have 2 hours of spare time before she has to go work, while Brandon might only have 15 minutes before his kids wake up.
If you tend to have a super busy schedule, here are some weight loss hacks for busy people you can check out.
Back to planning your weight loss morning routine, here are a few things to take into account:
1. Plan your day the night before
Make it part of your night-time routine to plan for the following day.
This will help you avoid rushing things in the morning, which will decrease your chances of making mistakes and wasting time trying to fix those mistakes.
You can write down 3 to 5 tasks you need to get done the next day.
2. Start one habit at the time
We all one everything now and be the best version of ourselves as soon as we can.
This often leads to people taking on too much and getting depressed because they couldn’t keep up, which results in them quitting.
Taking on too much at once is a recipe for failure, so instead of trying to be the best version of yourself by tomorrow, focus on creating just one habit at the time and being consistent.
Start your journey to losing 10-21 pounds in just 21 days.
Get the free 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge training guide!
3. Done is better than perfect
Not every day will be perfect, in fact, most of the time things don’t really go as planned, so don’t beat yourself up if one day you were not able to complete your morning routine.
Focus on being consistent and doing the things that you can instead of trying to be perfect.
4. Keep it fun
Another key to building a morning routine is to keep it fun, create something that you look forward to.
There’s no point in waking up and doing something you don’t like first thing in the morning.
Besides, doing something you love will help you stay motivated to lose weight.
Morning Routine Ideas
I’m going to give you some ideas to think about and see if you’d like to implement some in your own routine.
- Meditate for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Listen to motivational videos for a few minutes.
- Practice breathing exercises.
- Practice positive affirmations in from of a mirror.
- Drink some water
- Drink some ginger tea
- Do some stretching
- Go for a quick walk
- Take a cold shower to wake up or a warm shower to relax
- Do some quick reading
- Practice being grateful for everything you have
- No phone, social media, or news within the first hour
My Own Morning Routine
Here’s an example of my morning routine:
- Plan my day the night before (I write down 3 – 5 tasks I need to complete the next day)
- Get out of bed within 5 minutes of waking up
- No social media (no Instagram, Facebook, TV, news)
- Make my bed
- Listen to motivational videos while stretching (5 – 10 minutes)
- Meditate (10 – 15 minutes)
- Drink 16 oz of water
- Have breakfast
Social media and news can be very stressful, we might hear bad news or get anxious about what other people are doing on social media, so I try to not go in there when I first wake up.
Weight Loss Morning Routine
For those of you looking to build a weight loss morning routine, I would recommend the following:
- Plan your day the night before
- Get out of bed within 5 minutes of waking up
- Drink at least 8 oz of water
- Go for a 15 to 30-minute walk
- Listen to motivational videos during your walk
- Eat a nutritious breakfast when you finish your walk
If you have more time you can skip the walk and go to the gym instead, it might take some time to get used to, but once you make it a habit, you’ll see how good it feels and how it’ll keep you in a better mood the rest of the day.
I hope you loved this article on how to plan your weight loss morning routine!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey, Avocadu’s 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge is the place to start!
This plan helps men and women lose 10-21 pounds in just 21 days and can be repeated as many times as you want.