The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch.
At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.
The nun made a note saying, “Take only one. God is watching,” and posted it on the apple tray.
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of oatmeal raisin cookies.
A child had written a note saying, “Take all you want. God is watching the apples.”
Overnight Oats Recipe for Weight Loss
- 1/2 cup rolled or steel-cut oats (avoid using instant oats as they are highly processed, which won’t give you all the nutrients or keep you full for too long)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (or any other fruit that you’d like)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein (or any other flavor that you’d like)
- 1/2 plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Mix the whey protein with the cup of unsweetened almond milk.
- In a mason jar, bowl, or glass cup, add the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, and the plain greek yogurt (optional).
- Pour the mixed almond milk in the jar.
- Mix all the ingredients until you see no clumps.
- Seal or cover with a lid.
- Let it chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, add the 1/2 cup of strawberries or any other toppings that you’d like.
This particular recipe can end up being about 380 calories, feel free to get creative and experiment with different ingredients!
Start your journey to losing 10-21 pounds in just 21 days.
Get the free 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge training guide!
Overnight oats can be a great addition to your morning routine. They are a very quick, easy, and healthy meal to have for breakfast.
Oats are packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber (which most people don’t get enough of).
Fiber is crucial for maintaining a healthy gut. Plus, it will help you better absorb nutrients from foods and keep you full for longer.
It can also help reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, which can lower the risks of heart disease.
The recommended daily fiber intake is about 14 grams per 1000 calories with a minimum of 25 g and a maximum of 75 g.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are a way of preparing oats that doesn’t involve cooking them.
Instead of spending time cooking oats in the microwave or stovetop, you let the raw oats soak in milk for at least 2 hours or overnight.
This process will allow the oats to absorb the milk, which will soften them enough to be eaten uncooked.
Pretty cool, right?
All you have to do the next morning is to wake up and open the fridge!
Overnight oats will save you some time in the morning, which is especially important if you’re constantly pressed for time.
You can eat it at home or grab it and go!
I hope you loved this overnight oats recipe!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey, Avocadu’s 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge is the place to start!
This plan helps men and women lose 10-21 pounds in just 21 days and can be repeated as many times as you want.