Cauliflower rice is a great alternative to regular rice for those trying to lose weight.
Cauliflower rice has only 28 calories per cup compared to white rice, which has about 200 calories per cup (cooked).
And that’s not all, being a cruciferous vegetable, cauliflower has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Eating enough fiber will help you maintain a healthy gut, better absorb nutrients from foods, and slow digestion, which will help you stay full for longer.
So if you’re trying to lose weight and have trouble getting enough vegetables in your diet, swapping regular rice for cauliflower rice might be a great idea.
The best part? It only takes about 5 minutes to make.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice for Weight Loss
- 1 large cauliflower head
- Trim any green from around the base.
- Wash well and thoroughly dry the cauliflower.
- Box greater method: cut the cauliflower into large pieces and use the medium-sized holes to grate it.
- Food processor method: cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces and pulse until you see small pieces forming (scrape the sides of the bowl as needed).
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a clean towel or paper towel to remove the water, which can leave it soggy.
- To cook the cauliflower rice, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread the cauliflower rice evenly in the skillet and cover to make it more tender.
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Explore More: 10 Best Low-Carb Snacks for Weight Loss
Start your journey to losing 10-21 pounds in just 21 days.
Get the free 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge training guide!
Storing Cauliflower Rice
- Cooked cauliflower rice can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for about 4 days.
- Do not store uncooked cauliflower rice (grated or processed cauliflower) in the fridge as it tends to go bad pretty quickly. If you wish to store it, make sure you freeze it as soon as you make it cauliflower rice.
- You can store it in the freezer for about 1 month.
Cauliflower Rice Macros
1 Serving (1 cup cooked) will yield:
- Calories: 28
- Protein: 2 g
- Carbs: 5 g
- Fats: 0.1 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
I hope you loved this article on how to make cauliflower rice for weight loss!
If you’re ready to start your weight loss journey, Avocadu’s 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge is the place to start!
This plan helps men and women lose 10-21 pounds in just 21 days and can be repeated as many times as you want.